Students and their families mistakenly believe that the homeowners insurance on their primary residence adequately covers the student's property. Yet, the typical deductible on a homeowners policy often exceeds the cost of a student’s computer, MP3 player, cell phone, etc.
Here are some crucial facts:
- About 50% of student property losses are not recoverable under a typical Homeowners or Renters policy
- This Student Renters Policy covers losses not covered under Homeowners or Renters policies
- Average Homeowners or Renters policy deductibles are $500-$1,500
- Homeowners or Renters policy Payments sometimes are reduced to account for depreciation
- Claims from college may increase homeowners rates and can even threaten your coverage
- Even when a loss is recoverable under a Homeowners or Renters policy, the recovered amount is much lower because of their high claim deductibles
- Our Student Renters policy is Primary coverage. No need to blemish your claim history with the policy covering your permanent residence
- The average policy premium for 365 days of Student Property protection is less than 35 cents per day
Never FearSM — College Student Insurance from Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and Allianz offers peace of mind that fits your budget and your life.
With insurance broad enough to handle real campus situations, coverage you can adapt to your personal needs, and prices you can afford, Student Personal Property Protector Plus® gives students and their families the security they really need.
Whether a beverage spills onto a laptop during a party; or a $2,000 entertainment system is destroyed by sewer drain back ups after a bad storm, Personal Property Insurance, designed especially for College & University Students lets you concentrate on school and not worry about your "stuff."
|AJG College Student Insurance||Standard HO or Renters Policy|
|Coverage Plan Insuring MOST All Causes of Loss||Yes||Maybe|
|Accidental Damage (Drops & Spills)||Yes||No|
|Deductible Amount||Yes||$500+ on standard HO|
|Complementary Identity Theft Expense Reimbursment||Yes||
* Comparison of: our Student Personal Property Protector Plus vs. Industry Standard Homeowners Policy - for student property away from home coverage comparison as of 01/01/2012 ** Homeowners policy used for comparison is Fireman's Fund HO 00 04 10 100
*** Some homeowners policies can be modified to broaden coverage but generally can not offer all that our Student policy offers.
**** Average claims paid under our Student coverage are between 25% and 200% more than would be recovered under a homeowners policy.