Harvard Law School has teamed up with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to provide a special personal property insurance plan designed to meet your needs. This plan is an all-risk personal property insurance program that was designed specifically to meet the needs of HLS residents and includes basic coverage for personal items (computers, iPods, electronics, clothes, cell phones, jewelry and more) as well as equipment that you borrow or rent.
Details of the coverage are:
- Limit of Insurance: $7,500 per occurrence
- Deductible: $25 per claim
- Premium: $120 annual premium ($60 per semester)
To help answer your questions about the Gallagher/Allianz's policy, here's a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Would you like to see a comparison matrix of the benefits of Student Personal Property Protector and a Standard Homeowners Policy?
What should I do if my property is damaged or stolen?
Never Fear™ — We will process your claim as quickly as possible. If you encounter any problems in processing your claim, please email us for an immediate resolution.
- Report any burglary or theft to the police immediately. Ask for a copy of their report.
- Follow the link to file your claim online, file your claim online.
- Protect any damaged property from further damage.
- If you have access to a digital camera, take pictures of the damaged property; email the images to us. Always include your complete contact information and policy number with the claim information.
- Gather all of your receipts, credit card statements or other proofs of purchase or ownership for each damaged or stolen item.
- Email digital pictures to claims@CollegeStudentInsurance.com.
Your completed claim will be processed promptly. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.